Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Prayer for Holly and Santiago


We celebrate and bless
This love-struck day
And its solemn, joyful
Leap of faith

To Holly and Santiago
Love arrived unbidden,
In a tender gesture or gaze
Silently given

From Wyoming and Colombia
The arc of time and space
Gathered them inevitably
Into eternal embrace

May your love be embroidered
With patience and forgiveness
Adorned in devotion that
Like Cana’s wine is endless

And to mark that first fateful chance
Always make time to dance…
This is me reciting the poem I wrote for my sister's wedding.

8 comments:

Marty said...

A beautiful poem and a beautiful picture.

nora said...

Thank you, Marty. I was proud of myself for reciting (and being understood!) in English and Spanish.

Art and Poetry said...

I agree both are very nice! and I like the rhyme at the end.

nora said...

Thank you, Nick. Of course, the whole poem rhymes. :-) They met at a dance, so that's where the last stanza comes from.

Holly said...

I think this was one of the most special parts of the day, having Nora write and recite such a beautiful poem for hubby and I. It was so beautiful and personal. Thank you!

nora said...

It was a labor of love, sis.

Devika Jyothi said...

Nice! :-)


wishes!
devika

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! I love the poem. Do you know where that venue is? It looks gorgeous with the orange arch. I'm guessing they got the arch seperately though. Did they get it on http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/party_favors_decorations.html I wonder?